Whether you are looking for a great vacation spot for your family or a quiet small town atmosphere to live in, Giles County has it all. Outdoor recreation abounds with thirty-seven miles of the New River flowing through the heart of the county as well as 92.4 square miles of Jefferson National Forest offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities for everyone. Giles County also boasts top quality schools, award-winning hospitals, safe living environment, cultural resources and a favorable business climate. Ask us for more information or download our brochure. We look forward to having you!
Giles County Administrative Offices will be close:
Noon on Wednesday, November 26, all day, November 27, and November 28, 2014
And the following for December due to the additional time declared by the Governor:
December 24, 25, and 26, and December 31, 2014, January 1st, and 2nd 2015.
Merry Christmas !!!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I obtain marriage licenses, death certificates, deeds, and wills – Clerk of Circuit Court – 540-921-1722
- Where can I obtain tax information and tax assessment information – Commissioner of Revenue's Office – 540-921-1240
- Where can I reach the local DMV office – Treasurer's Office – 540-921-1240
- Where can I pay my water bill and trash bill – Treasurer's Office – 540-921-1240
- Who can I call concerning my well – Health Department – 540-235-3137
- Who can I call concerning a state maintained road in the county – VDOT 540-387-5320
- Who do I call concerning a speeding ticket or traffic violations – General District Court – 540-921-3533