Spring Kayaking New River Bluebells at Whitt Riverbend hiking the AT Mill Creek Falls

BrochureVirginia's Mountain Playground!™

Take an "Off the Beaten Path Driving Tour"

Whether you are looking for a great vacation spot for your family or a quiet small town atmosphere to live in, Giles County has it all. Outdoor recreation abounds with thirty-seven miles of the New River flowing through the heart of the county as well as 92.4 square miles of Jefferson National Forest offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities for everyone. Giles County also boasts top quality schools, award-winning hospitals, safe living environment, cultural resources and a favorable business climate. Ask us for more information or download our brochure. We look forward to having you!

Driving Tours



ReNew The New’s FALL INTO THE NEW, end-of-summer river cleanup is scheduled for Saturday, August 29th. Volunteers will gather at 8:30 AM at Eastern Elementary on 460 West, outside Pembroke. After participants are registered, buses will leave for the clean up sites on the river where participants will be provided with canoes, trash bags and gloves.  All volunteers will be returned to Eastern Elementary at noon for a county-provided lunch and free T-shirt. Please fill out this Pre-registration Form if you are planning to participate and bring it with you or mail it in.



New River Water Trail

Take a relaxing float trip down the New River in Giles County. Visit www.newriverwatertrail.com for everything you need to know to plan your trip and have a great time.



More Videos

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Where can I obtain marriage licenses, death certificates, deeds, and wills – Clerk of Circuit Court – 540-921-1722
  2. Where can I obtain tax information and tax assessment information – Commissioner of Revenue's  Office – 540-921-1240
  3. Where can I reach the local DMV office – Treasurer's Office – 540-921-1240
  4. Where can I pay my water bill and trash bill – Treasurer's Office – 540-921-1240
  5. Who can I call concerning my well – Health Department – 540-235-3137
  6. Who can I call concerning a state maintained road in the county – VDOT 540-387-5320
  7. Who do I call concerning a speeding ticket or traffic violations – General District Court – 540-921-3533